Summer 2009
I'm doing some catch-up since I've failed to keep up with our blog. Last summer 5 out of 6 of us traveled to Hawaii to visit Carmel's family. We also got to visit Jason's family, which I'll write about in another post.
Carmel, Anuhea, Nalani, Hokulani, and Leiohu traveled to the beautiful island of Maui, while Jason stayed in Florida. Jason was studying for his Comprehensive Exam, and needed time and concentration without the distraction of family. The Comprehensive Exam for Jason's PhD program in Accounting was a cumulative exam of all of Jason's courses over the past 2 years. He had to do some serious memorizing that I doubt I could ever accomplish.
The children enjoyed being around their Grampy (Carmel's father). In this picture are Alfredo Bulusan (Grampy/Dad), Hokulani, Lokelani Hunsaker (with her back to us), and Ikaika Hunsaker. Lokelani & Ikaika are my older sister's children.
Leiohu never got to try climbing stairs and quickly tested these out at Carmel's parents' house. Leiohu learned very quickly.
Ikaika Hunsaker and Leiohu enjoy playing together. They're about a year apart, but had fun anyway.
Leiohu got tired of putting a doll into the doll stroller. Instead, she's the doll in the stroller.
Nalani holds Leiohu on a giant bouncy ball. (Carmel's sister, Meleana, is in the background.)
Here are Nalani and Leiohu again. They're in Granny's & Grampy's living room.
Sweet Lokelani (Hunsaker) poses for her turn in front of the camera.
Lounging on the sofa: Carmel, Hokulani, Meleana, and Ikaika
Leiohu, front and center, with her Mommy's cell phone in hand
Leiohu was a lap child on the airplane. What trouble! Luckily, there were 4 of us to shuffle Leiohu around. Here she is looking out the window with Hokulani.






No comments:
Post a Comment