Sunday, February 19, 2012

Injury on Labor Day

September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day! Although there was no school, I had quite a harrowing experience. We just spent the day at home; however, Anuhea and I went grocery shopping not long before dinner. We were just about finished and had stopped at Vons, the last store. When Anuhea and I got to the van, I put the groceries in on my side and Anuhea got in. Then I closed the sliding passenger door and somehow didn't have my hand out completely. I slammed my left pointer finger in the door! ...and when I say slammed, I mean slammed. We don't have a new van that you can push a button and it closes the door automatically and slowly. We have an old van that you have to pull the sliding door closed. I gasped aloud, somehow thought to open the door and got my finger out. I put my forehead on the car while trying not to scream aloud. Anuhea didn't know what had happened, but realized something was wrong. She came out of the car, and when I could talk, I told her what had happened. My finger was starting to bleed a lot and I didn't think I could drive home just yet. We went back into Vons, went to the Customer Service desk, and asked for a Band-Aid. The poor worker had to clean my finger and put the Band-Aid on for me. I couldn't look at it, and was starting to feel light-headed. He was a good sport though. Thankfully, there's a Starbucks inside of Vons. Anuhea and I sat down for a little while. She got me some water from the Starbucks, and I sipped it until I felt like I could stand and then drive.

Now, when we go to Vons and Anuhea is with me, she doesn't want me to park in the same spot where the slamming occurred. She thinks it's a bad luck spot.

Here's a gruesome picture of my finger the morning after I had had medicine and a Band-Aid on it.

No comments:

Snag a Button

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ball Clock