Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Baby Girl is Here!

Our little bundle of joy has finally arrived!

Jason and I went to the hospital around 4am because I had been having contractions that were 5 minutes apart, and they were getting pretty uncomfortable. At the hospital we found out I was already dilated to 6cm. Thank goodness I wasn't too late to get the epidural. It was getting hard to breathe through the contractions.

Here I am all hooked up and ready to go. Unfortunately, baby wasn't quite ready. It took a while to get past 9cm.


Leiohu Lily YiTsai Chen was born at 8:11am. She weighs 7lbs. 10 oz. and is 20 inches long. We can'y believe how much she weighs because all of her sisters were LESS THAN 7lbs. Jason was going to cut the umbilical cord, but found out he couldn't because it was wrapped around baby's neck--loosely. Everything turned out okay though.

Here she is!


The nurse who helped get me ready was Vickie. This is a picture of the nurse who helped with the delivery (after changing shifts) with Leiohu and me. Her name was Jodie.


Jason, the proud father enjoys his new daughter:


Later, Jason went home to get mom and the girls. They were all SO anxious to see their new sister.

Here's Anuhea with her newest little sister:


Nalani LOVED holding her sister:


Hokulani was very proud to be able to hold her little sister, and is excited to be a big sister:


Mom holds her newest granddaughter:


Welcome, Leiohu!

6 comments:

My life in a blog said...

Congratulations! We are so glad everything turned out so well! Welcome to the world Leiohu!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I had no idea you guys had a blog. I am so glad you emailed out about your baby. All of your girls have gotten so big.

YC said...

Dear Chens,
Congratulations for the new baby! I haven't checked my school email account for a while, so it's like a late "surprise" to me!!! Your blog is awesom!!
Jason:You're a lucky man...surrounded by 5 beautiful women just like my dad ^^
Anu: You looked so tall in the picture! I miss ya~

Anonymous said...

Sorry....that "SKINNY" was me!! I have no idea where that name comes from!!! Anyways, it's Ingrid ^^

Anonymous said...

CONRATULATIONS! On your new addition to the family! She is beautiful! Jason,you are outnumbered! It probably takes five girls to control you. Do you have the shot gun ready by the door, when they start dating? They are beautiful! I love you guys! And miss you a ton! Congratulations Again!

Unknown said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations!

Snag a Button

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ball Clock